Walking through a forest or visiting a town can change a lot depending on the narrative and the events that happen. Here are 20 narrative horror resources to use freely in your RPG games.
* Image design by Perplexingruins
- Two bright circular lights appear in front of you 30 metres away.
- A wolf howls and suddenly the howling stops at once.
- A dead deer lies on the ground, it’s bleeding. The blood drips in the wrong direction.
- Ashes falling from the sky.
- A dense fog coming from nowhere surrounds you. You can’t see anything more than 10 centimetres from your eyes. The fog follows you for 1d6 hours.
- Lightning followed by the sound of thunder.
- The sound of a child singing comes from the bottom of a water well.
- A voice whispers your name.
- A broken bridge crossing a black water river.
- A sign that says «Go back home».
- A fire light with figures dancing around it.
- An inverted cross made of sticks hanging from a tree.
- A one-eyed crow stares at you.
- All of a sudden, the temperature drops 20 degrees.
- You can smell the stench of rotten meat.
- A three legged dog.
- A man hanging from a tree. He still moves.
- A cemetery with empty graves.
- An impaled human.
- You can hear steps behind you. When you turn there is no one.